Thursday, August 5, 2010

Keeping Busy

My husband has been gone for almost 2 weeks now.. Deployment- yay!
I don't think it has really sunk in yet.. I realize he's gone and have my moments that are usually shared with him... but I haven't quite had to feel the stress of it all yet.. Hoping I can cheat my way through this year like I'm doing now- wouldn't count on it! Trying to stay busy with friends-playdates and window shopping. anything that gives me company and makes the time go by faster. So far seems to be working. Organizing the house, trying new recieps(I like to bake) playing with the kids. today we had our own waterpark outside- they seemed to love it. wore them out they had to come inside and take a nap! I'm just thankful that I have 3 kids to keep me busy- I really sympathize for these single families that have no kids. I can only imagine how lonely they must feel all alone with their significant other away. Of course they do have the option to just pick up and go wherever they want-visit family, friends, etc. And some ppl may consider me mean/rude. But don't much sympathize or tolerate all the "boo-hoo pity me" stuff! So many wives posting things every 5 mins of the hardships of being a military spouse and the military life. It second is absolutely ridiculous to me when the half of them haven't even been military that long. Which is the funniest part. Why do women get all ignorant and proud when they marry(or date) the military? like suddenly because you just became a spouse you seem to know and understand everything?! really? the funniest thing was when some of them wanted to try and tell me like they're schooling me about the military and regulations! HA! shut up! I get that I'm only 23 years old- but the military is old news to me. My husband has been a soldier for a little over 5 years now. And I was affiliated with the military even beforehand.. So excuse me if I laugh! Sorry- i'm a little blunt, and realistic. I hate ppl that strive so much for attention. That's pretty much my life lately... Trying to think/write down my goals... Our plans for what we hope to gain from this deployment. Brandon and I plan on buying a house either while he's home on R&R or when he's done with deployment. So I guess we're going to see if when he re-enlists he does so for a duty station.. I'm trying to be strict with our plans. Settling out our finances- paying off revolving accounts and being bill free, except for the regular needs such as groceries and insurance. I have decided that staying busy- thinking about where we want to be makes it all the better. everytime I'm bummed about this deployment I stop and remind myself of what we want to gain! kudos to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment