Thursday, August 5, 2010

It amazes me how one man


could have truly changed my life

so that now my only goal

is to be his best wife.



He may never know

the incredible depth of my love,

but everyday I will try and show him

what it is truly made of.



It's a mixture of respect,

also passion and learned lessons.

It is constant, and it is growing;

It is far beyond obsession.



It is gratitude and thanks

for all that he has shown me,

and it is an obligation to become

all that he knows I can be.



Most of all it is the faith

I hold deep inside my heart

that he will know this love is with him

every time we are apart.



With each day that passes

I pray that someday he'll see

this love that I have for him

is stronger than the love I have for me.



The memories that we've made

are the roots of our past.

They are so very important to me

because they will always last.



They keep me hanging on

when he has to go away,

and I hope that's what he turns to also

when he's having a lonely day.



I do not think he will ever know

the respect I have for him,

or how much I admire the drive

he has to protect his fellow men.

No comments:

Post a Comment